February 22, 2017
GRCA flood outlook meeting
Cambridge - Residents are invited to attend the annual meeting of flood co-ordinators from the Grand River watershed to be held on Wednesday, February 22 beginning at 1:30 p.m. at GRCA Administration Centre (400 Clyde Road, Cambridge).
This meeting is held each winter to update municipal flood co-ordinators on the operation of the Grand River Conservation Authority’s flood warning system and their responsibilities when a flood warning message is issued. There will also be an overview of current watershed conditions and the prognosis for the spring melt.
The meeting will help you to learn more about the GRCA flood warning system and flood preparations background information that could be useful in the event of a flood.
· Opening remarks: Joe Farwell, Chief Administrative Officer, GRCA
· GRCA Flood Warning System: Dwight Boyd, Director of Engineering and Flood Director
· Emergency Evacuations: Sgt. Patrick Smola, Waterloo Regional Police, Major Events & Emergency Planning Unit
· Perspectives on Emergency Management: Adam McAllister, Emergency Management Advisor, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
· Current Watershed Conditions: Stephanie Shifflett, Water Resources Engineer, GRCA
The meeting will conclude by 3:30 p.m.