2018 Salary Guides and Outlines Factors Driving Job Seekers' Decisions in Competitive Employment Market
Staffing firm Robert Half has released its 2018 Salary Guides, which feature salary ranges for hundreds of professional occupations in the accounting, finance, technology, creative, legal and administrative support fields. The company's recruiters from across Canada also weighed in on the following key drivers prompting professionals to search for and accept a new role:
"Job seekers today are looking beyond pay when evaluating whether a new career opportunity is right for them," said Greg Scileppi, president of Robert Half, International Staffing Operations. "While salary remains pivotal, a well-rounded compensation package that supports a good quality of life is increasingly important to candidates."
"Top professionals want to know that a company will take an active interest in their career goals, and invest in their development," added Scileppi. "Organizations that promote learning opportunities for their staff will not only attract skilled candidates, but also keep current teams engaged while encouraging an innovative work environment."
Following are five key elements that employers should highlight when recruiting:
1. Compensation Salary is vital, but be sure to also spotlight the benefits your firm offers when creating compensation packages. The Salary Guides from Robert Half contain new data on the most common benefits, incentives and perks.
2. Corporate culture Do people enjoy working for the company? What are your retention rates, and how often do employees refer their friends to open jobs within the company? How is the organization viewed in the industry and community? These are questions hiring managers should anticipate.
3. Career path Job candidates frequently ask prospective employers more detailed questions to learn about their chances for advancement within an organization. Is promoting from within the exception or the rule? Are there several potential career paths, or is there just one traditional ladder?
4. Cost of living Rising housing prices and other expenses weigh heavily on people considering a job change. They want to know if they can live comfortably and enjoy a good quality of life if they accept a new job.
5. Commute Longer commutes mean people want flexibility and jobs closer to home. Before accepting an offer, candidates often ask about flexible work schedules, commuting benefits (e.g., subsidized transportation) and telecommuting options.
2018 Salary Guide for Accounting and Finance:
The 2018 Salary Guide from Robert Half provides average starting salary data for a comprehensive range of accounting, finance and financial services positions, as well as an overview of hiring and management trends.
Technology 2018 Salary Guide
The definitive resource for those hiring in the information technology field. The 2018 Salary Guide features projected starting salary ranges for more than 75 IT positions and tips for finding and keeping top talent.
2018 Salary Guide - Administrative
The definitive resource for those hiring and being hired in the administrative field. The 2018 Salary Guide features projected starting salary ranges for 60 administrative positions, as well as an overview of current hiring trends and management advice.
Legal 2018 Salary Guide
The Robert Half Legal 2018 Salary Guide is your definitive resource for starting salaries for nearly 50 positions in the legal field and hiring trends shaping the profession.
The Creative Group 2018 Salary Guide
The Creative Group 2018 Salary Guide provides starting salaries for more than 80 interactive, design, marketing, advertising and public relations positions, as well as information on current hiring trends in the creative field.